Friday, October 06, 2006

ADIEU to a WORTHY FRIEND

Dear Reader, you can skip this post, this particular article was made for a solitary person...however...if you do decide to read it...it's fine...I would not mind. (How can I mind...I would not even know that you did, right?)

If your name is Maybeline Arlejanno but you do not know me, sorry...you are just a namesake...no offense meant.

If your name is Maybeline Arlejanno and you know me...then read on please...this one is for you.

******

October 2006


Dear Maybeline,

How time flies...I can vividly remember my first month in the company (our company), that was middle of 2005. I first met you then, you were working in the g.y. shift and I was holding the usual 8-5 load. That was the beginning of a wonderful friendship...to quote an immortal movie.

Well, in a year's time (more or less), we have shared a lot of things, work-wise and personal. We have shared beliefs, views, intelligent perspectives, not-so-intelligent perspectives, even downright childish perspectives...we have shared so many things...talking about life in general (to quote an immortal song).

The first time I heard that you were leaving the company, I was not exactly shocked. Still, it was a big surprise for I thought you would be staying on for still a long time to come.

I hate to see you go. Rather, since you have already left, "I hated to see you go" would be more appropriate. If you remember when I worked at the office on that weekend night, I asked you to (please) reconsider about resigning. You know that that request came from the heart...and I at least had to say it. (Even if deep down, I knew your heart was intent on your decision.)

Well, they say that the world is a small place. Believe it or not, I do not believe it. Fact is, I have this very strong feeling that it would be a very long time before we would cross paths again. I do not call it gut feeling, I call it...I call it...I don't know how to call it...but a voice from inside me told me that I would miss you so much before we see each other again (during that night I worked at the office).

Of course, we have our cellphones, but you know our world...out of sight- out of mind, right? I just hope I'll get to hear from you every so often. I would be very happy to hear from you...even if we don't have anything significant to tell each other. Merely hearing your voice would at least make me smile.

You know the kind of person I am Maybeline...SELF-CONTAINED...is how I'm described by my closest friends. My "self-contained" image partly comes from the fact that I do not collect friends, if you get my meaning. I choose them. I chose you to be a good friend because you are kind-hearted, humble, helpful, accommodating...and you are in so many ways...a "pure soul" (to use a phrase from one of my short stories).

Be well Maybeline, whether I'll see you a week from now or a decade from now...you will be in my prayers. I'll pray for your health, your next job, the success of all future endeavors and most importantly, for your PEACE OF MIND.

I will miss you so, so much...I very rarely feel a deep hurt when ordinary friends leave...but for me, you are not an ordinary friend. YOU ARE A WORTHY FRIEND.

You have been so helpful at work (even if I am offsite and you were in-house...we formed a great team right?) Maybeline. Even if that was not the case...the mere fact that you considered me as a good friend is something I will never, ever forget. I hope that from your end...I was a worthy friend too.

Well, this is long enough. Keep your smile, I WILL miss your smile. Vaya con Dios Maybeline. Don't let go of your faith, don't let go of God. He will always be there beside you...even if so many times during crises in our lives...we feel as if He has forsaken us.

For all the things which I need not mention, for all the things that I did mention, for the kindness...for all...for everything...GRAH MERSY.

GRAH MERSY Maybeline...GRAH MERSY.

With Affection...with Prayers,

Owen

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well, I read it. If you do mind, forgiveness pls. Anyway, the piece is MOVING. (To say touching is trite.)

1:56 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home